Being a girl who enjoys primping (and who hates her natural hair texture), my bathroom at home is overflowing with products - at least according to my husband. Personally, I think I have just the right amount. 😉 But when traveling for 3 weeks with a carry-on backpack, there's no way that everything I use on a daily/weekly basis is coming with me, especially when any liquids have to fit in 3 oz bottles in a quart-sized ziplock bag.
Now, I already mentioned that I'm not bringing my straightener or dryer, so that helps save some space (plus I won't need any heat protectants or my round brush), but what about the other stuff I use? I'd like anything I bring to be multipurpose, and I'd even like Nathaniel and me to be able to share some products, like soap and shampoo). Also, I think I can probably bring a much more abbreviated set of make-up, since I'd rather be exploring than perfecting my smoky-eye look.
Here's everything that's coming with me:
This, of course, will be a bit different for everyone, but a few of specific things:
- We got small quick-dry towels, which will be great when we're out and about, or on overnight trains
- I am bringing a TON of bandaids, blister bandaids, some antibiotic ointment, ibuprofen, and vitamins. Just in case.
- My hair products are minimal since I'm not straightening my hair while away. Just hair ties, bobby pins, a headband, a hairbrush, a comb and a shower cap. I'm also bringing my own conditioner, and some moisturizing, anti-frizz product. And most places we're staying have shampoo, so I am bringing some multipurpose soap that can be shampoo, body wash, and detergent
- I like feeling clean, so I'm bringing wipes to carry with us in case our hands get gross, and some hand-sanitizer.
- My makeup includes: powder foundation, eye primer (AMAZING), shimmery eye shadow, black eyeliner, mascara, eyebrow colored eye-shadow, concealer, tinted SPF chapstick, and finishing powder (also AMAZING)
And luckily I think anything we may have forgotten we can most likely buy while we're away. I'll let you all know how it went when we get back from our adventure!